Established in 2012 by artists for artists, Wells Art Contemporary (WAC) is an open competition for visual art.
Based in the beautiful cathedral city of Wells, Somerset, this yearly exhibition aims to support creatives, stimulate debate, and push the boundaries of the visual arts scene both nationally and internationally.
WAC gives contemporary artists the opportunity to show their work within Wells Cathedral, which welcomes 300,000 visitors a year.
All artists, all styles, all techniques and all nationalities are encouraged to take part in the open exhibition.
Creatives over the age of 18, based in the UK or internationally can enter up to 4 works in any medium – painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, photography, installation or video.
They can submit their work online before Tuesday 25 May 2021 via wac.artopps.co.uk
The 2021 shortlist and prize winners will be selected by a panel of distinguished artists including sculptor Will Nash and painter / sculptor / installation artist Simon Periton.
The following prizes will be awarded:
· Howden Art Award: £2,000
· People’s Choice Prize: £500
· Grace Student Awards: £100 to three students
· Somerset Art Works Festival Award: exhibition in the Somerset Art Works Festival 2022
· JGM Gallery Prize: works by selected artists will be showcased by JGM Gallery
· NG Creative Art Residency: a free two-week placement in Eygalières, Provence
· Parker Harris Mentoring Prize: one-to-one mentoring covering professional development
To enter: https://wac.artopps.co.uk/