Our second day of events led by Fashion & Sustainability Pioneer and Activist Kate Fletcher.A practical, hands on day of practice and participatory discussion.Materials supplied by ReMode:
- old, unwanted denim clothing
- quick unpicker
These items will be sent out in the post to each participant one week prior to the event.Other materials required:
- space to work
- access to a sewing machine would be helpful
- sewing cotton
- fabric scissors
The day will be conducted via Zoom, with a mix of presentation and group discussion coupled with independent at-home participatory activities.9am
- Check in, welcome & introductions
- Overview of the day from Kate Fletcher, including brief of activities
- Working to deconstruct an existing garment by unpicking it along original seams using a forensic approach.
- Mapping this information against patterns of use and the mechanisms and processes of the fashion system.
- Examining the collection of loose elements and how they might be reinterpreted and exploration in thinking together.
- Continuation of unpicking task
- Final check in and concluding remarks
Find out more: https://remodeyouth.org/tc-events/unpicking-to-take-action/