PoArtMo stands for “Positive Actions Rally Thoughts & Momentum,” a concept based on the following tenets: 1. Family-friendliness & clean language – 2. Positivity and upliftment – 3. Inclusivity and respect for all.
Inspired by NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month), PoArtMo seeks to promote positive and inspirational art and creativity, and has two long-term goals:
- Give a voice to projects, concepts, and stories that foster positive discussions and outcomes; and
- Build a nurturing, family-friendly community of like-minded individuals (ages 13 and over) around the world.
The PoArtMo Anthology: Youth Edition gives a voice to the young people whose stories seek to nurture hope and optimism.
Submission deadline: December 31, 2022.
Ages: To be able to submit to the anthology, you have to be:
- at least 13 when you send us you work; and
- no older than 16 on December 31, 2022.
Language: English only.
What we accept: poetry, short stories, flash fiction, essays, and six-word stories.
NB: We are especially interested in reading submissions from people who work on positive projects and concepts.
Guidelines and FAQ
Click the link below to access and download our guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
NB: We only accept original content for our anthology. Please do not submit work that has been previously published anywhere or that you intend to submit to other publications, websites or blogs. Wait until you have confirmation from us that we will not use it for our anthology. For more information, read this post.
Ready to submit?
Please note the following:
- We need the email address of one of your parents or legal guardians. Do NOT use your own email address, or we will have to reject your submission.
- Parent(s) and legal guardian(s), sign your name(s) in the box at the bottom of the submission form. You must also indicate the capacity you are signing in. Without this information, the submission will be automatically rejected.
- Written pieces that exceed our word limits will be automatically rejected.
Fill the contact form below with all the required information. We strongly recommend submitting from a computer.
NB: We only accept Word or PDF files for written works. Any other format will be automatically rejected.