What is art? Where is it heading?
Is art still in the hands of artists and art dealers or it has become a tool for the crypto speculators?
The world is changing, everything becomes more virtual including art and in the process a lot of speculators are trying to twist things in their own interest like in the case of NFT.
The crypto speculators are trying to make this the new “COOL” but what is so cool about it?
Art is food for our souls, If they want this to be the new truth then they should start doing everything virtually, for example start eating virtual food or maybe get drunk with virtual alcohol, if they do this then by all means we will start to believe in their vision.
As for us- galleries, artists, collectors… should we let hundreds of years of artistic refinement in the hands of the crypto speculators that don’t even know the difference between renaissance and contemporary?
What about the painters, photographers, print makers, sculptors, performers and all the other artists who create real work, work that we can touch, smell, feel… should we give up on them for the sake of a speculative game?
NFT should be embraced as a new medium/tool like we always did along the way with a lot of other things but it shouldn’t be allowed to take over!
If it does take over then an entire generation of artists and their works will vanish in thin air making way for the crypto speculators and their pyramid.
Should we allow this to happen on our watch?
The aim of this publication is to promote real art made by real artists!
On the cover of our fourth edition we will feature the legendary British painter Francis Bacon.
This is an international open call and everyone is welcome to apply.
Submission Guidelines- Please read carefully.
To apply simply email us the following informations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- * one image with you in your studio or with you and some of your works.
- * three images of your work, three different works (jpeg format).
- * a short bio no more than 150 words.
- * your Instagram username
For each image please include -Title, Size in cm, Medium, Price.
Please try to submit high quality images.
Eligible media but not limited:
- painting | sculpture | photography | digital art | Installation | video in still format | prints | textile | ceramics | illustrations | Poems | etc.
- No NFTs!
To make a submission is absolutely free but we do charge a £69 fee for each accepted submission.
Where will be published?
* Google books.
* Our Website.
The printed version.
The printed version will be available for a whole year period in our gallery space from Tower Bridge London and it can also be ordered online via our website starting with 24th of October 2022.
The gallery space is nestled between modern and classic London icons: The Shard 4 minutes away, Tower Bridge 1 minute away, London Bridge 2 minutes away.
With constant exhibitions programme and all kind of artistic projects, we get an average of over 1000 visitors every month.
- * the open call will run until 30th September 2022
- * the publication on all the mentioned platforms will be made on 18th of October 2022.
- * On 19th of October all the participants will get an email with all the links where the magazine will be published.
- * the printed version will be available in our gallery and to order via our website starting with the 24th of October.
As we run multiple open calls, please make sure you include in the email line the open call you apply for.
Good luck to you all!