Facing the Past: Public Realm Creative Consultants
Salary: Freelance fee of £9600 for 4 groups, £7200 for 3 groups, £4800 for one group, £2400 for one group. Equivalent to 24/18/12/6 half days delivery respectively.
Location: Lancaster & Morecambe District
Reporting to: Project Manager: New Insights
Application deadline: Midnight, Sunday 17 September 2022
Notification of interview: Wednesday 23 September 2022
Interviews: Friday 30 September, 2022
Project delivery: October 2022 – August 2023
Facing the Past is an arts/research programme to reflect, reveal and redress omissions in the way Lancaster has commemorated its role as the UK’s fourth largest slavery port. It receives funding from The National Heritage Lottery Fund.
Facing the Past is interested to hear from visual arts practitioners/architects/landscape designers with experience of working with communities of young people to explore new models of public intervention to memorialise the victims of slavery. The post holder will work closely with external stakeholders and colleagues to deliver the project, supported by the Festival Director and Festival Coordinator.
- Lead up to 24 half day workshops with young people in the Lancaster District
- Commit to expanding your own knowledge through attending the Slavery Trail Tour and Museum Visit
- Provide the Project Manager: New Insight and Facing the Past Evaluator with monitoring and reporting information as and when it is required
- Provide documentation of work/ideas/concepts created by the young people
- Attend regular meetings with the wider team to maintain progress and update on any issues arising
- Maintain the health and safety of young people
- Support the young people to present their work to the Facing the Past Steering Group
For an informal chat, please email email@example.com
For full application information, please visit https://lancasterpriory.org/about/vacancies/