Applications for International Distribution Film Sales Support are open. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
What you can apply for
- Funding relating to the international sale, marketing and promotion of a single eligible UK film in the form of non-recoupable grants
- Up to £25,000 for a single eligible film
More detail on eligible costs and activities can be found in the guidelines available to read below.
Who can apply
UK companies who have been appointed as the international sales agent for a feature-length live action or animation, fiction or documentary film.
The film must:
- Be budgeted at less than £12,500,000
- Be a new feature length (minimum 60 minutes running time) live action, or animation, fiction or documentary film
- Be either complete, in production, or in post-production
- Have been completed within the 12 months prior to the application date, or will be completed within 12 months of the application date
- Qualify or be wholly capable of qualifying for certification as a British film
- Not be fully financed by a studio or mini major
- Not be intended for a TV or SVOD premiere
Applicants must provide written consent from the lead UK producer of the film to make an application.
Please read the guidelines below for a full list of eligibility criteria.
UK films that are represented by non-UK sales agents and that are seeking support for premiere activities at a specific festival should consider the UKGSF International Distribution Festival Launch Support strand.
For more information, visit British Film Institute