Applications for International Distribution Festival Launch Support are open. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
What you can apply for
With this fund, you can apply for:
- funding relating to the international sale and promotion of a single eligible UK film at an eligible film festival
- up to £15,000 for a single eligible film, in the form of non-recoupable grants
More detail on eligible costs and activities can be found in the guidelines available to read below.
Who can apply
UK companies who have been appointed as the sales agent selling the international rights of a UK film, or who have acted as the lead UK producer of the UK film.
The film must:
- have a production budget of £12,500,000 or less
- be a new feature length (minimum 60 minutes running time) live action or animation, fiction or documentary film
- qualify or be wholly capable of qualifying for certification as a British film
- not be fully financed by a studio or mini major or streaming platform
- be intended for theatrical release
- have been invited to have its world, international, North American or European premiere in an official category or competition at an eligible festival
Please read the guidelines below for a full list of eligibility criteria.
Our funding priorities
This strand aims to grow exports and global demand for UK independent film. It will support the UK film industry to achieve measurable results that would not have been possible without UKGSF support, including increasing:
- the number and value of international sales of UK independent film
- international audiences for UK independent film
- commercial returns for UK screen companies, rights holders and financiers
In addition, in making awards through each of its strands, the UKGSF is seeking to ensure a UK-wide benefit and address geographic imbalance within the industry.
Therefore, as part of our assessment we will consider:
- where the applicant company and UK producer(s) are based
- where projects are shot and made
- how projects reflect the culture and talent of Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the English regions outside Greater London
For more information, visit British Film Institute