New York Foundation for the Arts
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award is a $5,000 cash grant open to Canadian women artists ages 25-40 in New York State.
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award (CWAA) is supported by funding granted to NYFA by the Canadian Women’s Club (CWC) of New York as a way to continue its philanthropic work when it disbanded.
The CWAA is an unrestricted cash grant and can be used in any manner the recipient deems necessary to further their artistic goals.
In 2022, CWC and NYFA will be awarding three (3) $5,000 awards, one in each of the following categories:
- Visual Arts: Painting, Photography, Craft/Sculpture, Printmaking/Drawing, or Interdisciplinary Work
- Media and Design: Video/Film, Experimental Sound, or Design
- Literary Arts: Poetry, Nonfiction, Fiction, or Playwriting/Screenwriting
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award is open to Canadian women artists living in New York State who meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, and able to provide proof of citizenship with legal documentation upon receipt of the award.
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 40 before the application deadline.
- Must be a current resident of New York State.
- Must apply in only one of the eligible discipline categories.
- Must be the originators of the work.
- Must not be a previous recipient of the Canadian Women Artists’ Award.
- Must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the previous.
Students in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs are eligible to apply.
Applications Open: Tuesday, May 24, 10:00 AM EDT
Applications Close: Tuesday, August 30, 5:00 PM EDT
Applicants Notified: Friday, October 21
For more information, visit New York Foundation for the Arts