A fund that supports the distribution of Scottish feature films to reach a wide and diverse a domestic audience.
What is the purpose of the Distribution Fund?
This fund was previously called the Distribution and Exhibition Fund. The revised Distribution Fund supports the distribution of Scottish feature films with the potential to have a strong cultural impact within Scotland. It will enable distributors of Scottish features to reach as wide and diverse a domestic audience as possible. We will also support producers to self-release a title in the situation where there is demonstrable interest, demand and relevance amongst Scottish audiences, but a film has not been successful in securing a distributor.
Applicants must demonstrate how they will extend the theatrical release of films within Scotland and deepen engagement with Scottish audiences.
Please note, by ‘Scottish films’ we mean those films where the writing, directing and/or producing talent is based in Scotland.
What are the priorities for this fund?
- Connecting Scottish audiences with Scottish film.
- Reaching audiences, outwith core cultural cinema attenders, who have barriers to accessing cultural film, are declining or under-represented in cultural cinema audiences.
- Supporting activities that specifically address barriers to participation and engagement.
- Supporting activities that are designed in collaboration with target audiences and/or relevant partners who represent audiences’ interests and concerns.
- Projects that have a distributor and financing in place for a UK wide distribution plan and funding is being sought to augment the distribution strategy and outreach activity in Scotland.
For more information, visit Screen Scotland