Black Artists Grant
The Black Artists Grant (BAG) offered by Creative Debuts as a no-strings attached financial support to help black artists. They can spend the grant on whatever they want – be that make new work, buy equipment or materials, travel, research, visit exhibitions or conferences, or to even just cover some life expenses.
This grant has been set up because black artists are systematically under-supported by the art world; by institutions, curators, the artist-led scene, major and minor funding bodies, the market, art schools, and by audiences too.
Creative Debuts recognises that a full institutional overhaul and dismantling of racist structures is required to transform the industry permanently, but they hope in a small way that this grant will help enable recipients to continue their artistic practice when the odds are so stacked against them.
Before you apply, please read the grant details below:
· This is specifically for Black artists; not politically black, not POC or BAME.
· Recipients will be chosen monthly by a Creative Debuts selector partner
· Every few months this selector will change. Follow us on Instagram for regular updates in relation to our selectors.
· There is no deadline as this is a monthly rolling grant, no age limit, and the grant does not expect any outcomes or reporting. Please only apply once, if you apply in February for example, you are still eligible for selection in a different month, all applications are kept and reviewed
· The grant is currently supported by Creative Debuts, Most Wanted Wines, and Artquest. We are always open to having new sponsors join the team. If this is of interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Creative Debuts