This training is delivered by NSPCC Scotland and Children in Scotland
Aim of the course
This training will offer you an overview of child protection within a GIRFEC (Getting it right for every child) framework of child welfare and wellbeing. It will equip you with the knowledge and skills to act promptly with competence and confidence to help keep the children and young people you work with safe from harm. The course will allow you to recognise, respond, report and record concerns about a child’s welfare, as well as understanding the barriers to children, young people and adults reporting concerns.
- Identify what is meant by child protection and child abuse
- Recognise the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Explore the legislation and guidance in Scotland that provides the framework for child protection underpinned by GIRFEC
- Learn how to recognise, respond, report and record concerns in line with your own procedures.
The day will reference the recently updated Creative Scotland and Children in Scotland Creating Safety publication.
By attending you will have the opportunity to
- Develop your skills and knowledge in keeping children and young people safe
- Share your own practice and learn from others
- Build contacts and network to support you in keeping children and young people safe
- Explore scenarios that could arise in settings within a gallery and museum, challenging artwork or exhibitions and collections where concerns for children and young people may arise and explore emerging themes of child protection
- Gain an understanding of the need to have effective and robust child protection policy and procedures to help create a child-safe organisation, protect children from risk and abuse to ensure they enjoy learning experiences and to protect staff and organisational reputation.
Who is the event for?
Educators and curators at arts and heritage organisations along with artists and freelancers working with children and young people.
Personal member: £35
Personal non-member: £45
Organisational member: £95
Organisational non-member: £150
The event fees we charge are subsidised by Engage Scotland.
Numbers at the workshop are limited to 16 so please book early to secure your place. Places are limited to a maximum of two people from the same organisation.
If you have any questions about booking or would like this information in another format, please contact Engage at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7729 5858