AUGUST ONE TO ONE ADVICE SESSIONS WITH CRAFTS COUNCIL TALENT DEVELOPMENT TEAM IN NEWCASTLE
Baltic 39 | 31-39 High Bridge
Newcastle upon Tyne | NE1 1EW
Book now: £75
(**Discounts are available. Please email for relevant booking codes:10% off for Crafts Council Directory members OR if you have booked a session within the last 6 months you are entitled to a repeat booker price of £45)
Are you looking for a brainstorm session for your creative business? Have you found yourself at a crossroads with your practice? Do you need a spark of inspiration or an action plan to take your work forward?
Why should you attend?
- You will receive a bespoke advisory hour-long session with experienced art and business development advisor.
- Tailored for you and fully confidential, this session will enable you to talk about your ideas or concerns about your creative practice.
- You will go away with a set of action points to implement in your practice.
How it works:
- You book a one-hour session with the advisor on the day and time indicated using our Eventbrite page.
- You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
- The advisor will prepare for your session in advance by looking through details about your practice that you have provided and any particular issues you have raised in advance.
- At the end of the session, you will be allocated a follow-up, this takes place over the phone or via Skype and arranged at the time of your advice session.
Did you know?
Although we encourage you to meet face to face with our Talent Development Manager, we know that it is not always possible to travel. Therefore, we also offer this session via Skype. If you would prefer Skype, proceed with the following:
- Book your ticket
- Send the Talent Development Manager your Skype details along with your CV, statement and answers to the 5 required questions
- The Talent Development Manager will contact you via Skype at the time of your session, please make sure you are ready and logged in to your Skype account and have previously tested your Skype account.
Who is advising?
Talent Development manager Katia Stewart, has over 10 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
Crafts Council is the national organisation for Craft and offers key advice to support artists, makers, and designers in their business development.
What is on offer?
- We will provide you with a mid-term action and short term action plan to enable you to progress with your practice.
- We will assist you to break down those barriers that are blocking your business progression.
- We can signpost you towards the key networks you need that will transport you to the next steps of your practice.
What should I bring?
- A device with an accessible series/portfolio of images of your work (please do not rely on an internet connection) and/or a quality printed piece of marketing material showcasing your work (e.g. printed postcard, catalogue, brochure).
- A sample of your work, this should be an object that you do not mind being handled and is easily transportable. Please note, if your make large scale work, perhaps consider bringing a sample of the material you use in your practice.