Book now: £75
(**Discounts available. please email for relevant booking codes: 10% off for Crafts Council Directory members OR if you have booked a session within the last 6 months you are entiled to a repeat booker discount.)
Are you looking for a brain storm session for your creative business? Have you found yourself at a crossroads with your practice? Do you need a spark of inspiration or an action plan to take your work forward?
Why should you attend?
- You will receive a bespoke advisory hour long session with an experienced arts and business development advisor.
- Tailored for you and fully confidential, this session will enable you to talk about your ideas or concerns about your creative practice.
- You will go away with a set of action points to implement into your practice.
How it works:
- You book a one hour session with the advisor on the day and time indicated using our Eventbrite page.
- You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
- The advisor will prepare for your session in advance by looking through details about your practice that you have provided and any particular issues you have raised in advance.
- At the end of the session, you will be allocated a follow up, this takes place over the phone or via Skype and arranged at the time of your advice session.
Did you know?
Although we encourage you to meet face to face with our Talent Development Manager, we know that it is not always possible to travel. Therefore we also offer this session via Skype or Zoom. If you would prefer Skype, proceed with the following:
- book your ticket
- send the Talent Development Manager your Skype details along with your CV, statement and answers to the 5 required questions
- the Talent Development Manager will contact you via Skype at the time of your session, please make sure you are ready and logged in to your Skype account and have previously tested your Skype account.
Who is advising?
- Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Crafts Council are the national organisation for craft and offer key advice to support artists, makers and designers in their business development.
What is on offer?
- We will provide you with a mid-term action and short term action plan to enable you to progress with your practice.
- We will assist you to break down those barriers that are blocking your business progression.
- We can sign post you towards the key networks you need that will transport you to the next steps of your practice.
Building work is starting at the Crafts Council in October as we are re-developing our old gallery space into a multi-use space to be opened next September. In the meantime, London 1:1 advice sessions will be held in a local venue to the Crafts Council. In order to keep our sessions at the same price as when taking place at the Crafts Council we are using public spaces (e.g quiet café) rather than spaces requiring a hire fee. Please report to Crafts Council reception 10min before your session time and Caroline Jackman will meet you there to go to a public space.