Painting En Plein Air
New to Plein Air Painting?
Or just looking to take your plein air painting to the next level? Whether you paint in oil, pastel, acrylic, or watercolor, this two day course will get you out painting the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
What you’ll learn.
• By the end of this course, you will head out into the open air with the confidence that you need to complete a plein air painting
• You'll learn what kind equipment to use in the field
• You'll learn what materials you'll need for plein air painting
• You'll learn how to choose a subject and compose the scene
• You'll learn how to analyse the scene in 4 values
• You'll learn how to do a quick block-in to capture light and shadow
• You'll learn how to move beyond the block-in stage to create a finished painting
If the weather is inclement then tutorials will take place inside or under cover.
Tutor: Rob Nelmes
Level: Some experience at handling paint is necessary. You will need to come equipped with an outside easel (a list of other materials will be sent to you).
Hours: 10 am - 4.30 pm
Refreshments are Included while in the studio.
You should bring a packed lunch with you for this course. Something warm in case it gets cold. A sun hat if the weather is likely to be hot. Fluid to keep rehydrated. A folding stool and umbrella can also be handy.