Art in the Market Artist/Artists Commission
Call out for artist/artists to be part of the Our Big Picture ‘Art in the Market’ project.
Over the past 10 months Our Big Picture has presented a series of pop-up exhibitions, residencies and workshops at Grimsby Top Town Market as part of our ‘Art in the Market’ programme. 2019/2020 we would like to commission an artist/s to create a new experience/exhibition/activity that will engage our existing audience and invite new engagement with the project.
Fees There are two separate commissions on offer with each commission with a budget of £2716. Depending on the artist and activity the two budgets can be rolled into one with two outcomes.
Fee breakdown: –
- £1800 artists fee – the fee includes expenses
- £250 artists workshop fee – to deliver Children and young People workshop session over two sessions
- Materials £666
Total budget £5432.
Additional paid work may be available to artists delivering schools/home ed/ adult workshops if there is a demand for this. We are especially interested in working with artists that could expand, develop and shape Our Big Picture’s current offer of workshops, talks and activities.
Artists are given a free stall/working space at the Top Town Market (open to the public Tue, Thur, Fri and Sat – access also available on days the market is closed to the public).
After the success of previous resident artist, printmaker Graham Firth, we are keen that there is a public facing element to the commissions, and that at least a week of the production process should be carried out on site during public opening hours of the market.
We would like to commission a project that may have a life after the event/exhibition. For example it might lead to further work with that artists, or shape future commissions or activity at the market.
- Apply to Paula Denton firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief proposal: – including a short piece about your work, images, and how you would approach being commissioned to create work at the market (ie what you would anticipate doing) Max 4 side A4
- Deadline for proposal:- 5pm, 16th August 2019
- Project start September 2019 – May 2020 (This will depend on one or two commissions) – Art in the Market finishes July 2020