‘In its every breath it has everything to do with the place and people.’
Festival Visitor 2018
One amazing island …..
b-side is offering a number of commission opportunities to create new, temporary, site-responsive work in any media for the next festival, September 2020 on the theme of common lands. Proposals can be for any amount up to £4000 - we expect to commission work across a range of contexts, concepts and costs. An additional allowance of up to £750 per commission is available towards travel and accommodation.
Deadline for applications is midnight Sunday 23 June 2019.
Download the full brief and all information below.
How to Apply:
Applications must be made online via Curatorspace applications portal APPLY HERE
Please complete the Curatorspace online application form giving the following info:
- A brief summary of your idea (250 words max)
- A detailed description of your proposed idea (500 words max)
- A summary description of your practice (300 words)
- Proposed location if known or type of site/venue preferred
- Amount applied for and outline budget
- The resources and technical support you will need access to
- Images (10 max) or weblinks illustrating your proposal and /or previous work
Your proposal and description of practice may be submitted EITHER in writing using the online form OR as a video recording uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo (max length 5 mins)
If you cannot make an application online then please contact email@example.com for alternative options.
File: BSIDE COMMISSION BRIEF 2019 -20 FINAL.pdfClosing Date: Sunday 23rd June 2019 - 12:00pm