Whitehill & Bordon Regneration Company are building a vibrant and rich town on the former Army barracks at Bordon. A key phase of the transformational project is now beginning with the development of the heart and focal point of the community – the new town centre. This will be a large-scale phased development over a period of around 4 years.
Regeneration of the Sandhurst Block is the last phase of the town centre development and will start in approximately 3 years, when some of the building will be demolished but a significant element of the building – the ‘H’ block at its heart – will remain as it is.
This is where you come in. There is an opportunity to introduce public art to dress the five visible frontages.
The key elements of the commission include:
- Engaging with the Public Art Commissioning Board to agree the brief and timetable for delivery
- Visit the site and undertake appropriate research into the history and background of the site
- Prepare a proposal with costs which demonstrate a deliverable approach within the proposed budget
- Undertake community engagement to shape and confirm proposals
- Prepare material for planning construction consents if required
- Fabricate / create / implement the piece or tender and commission the production where undertaken by others
Artist Expression of Interest should include:
- A statement on your interest in the opportunity
- A statement of creative practice
- Experience and track record of delivering public art of relevance to the brief
- Up to 6 images of previous artwork
- URLS or links to other media
- Outline propsoals for the brief
The total budget for the commission is £60,000. This fee should cover all expenses – inc. artist fee, research, production of designs, site visits, making/ fabrication, technical/ professional consultancy or input, materials, production, delivery of artowrks and installation. Should planning permission be required, this will be paid for by WBRC.
Please contact Soffi James at email@example.com for a detailed brief and supporting documents, and with any questions. Please submit your brief to firstname.lastname@example.org in digital format.