D6 is looking for expressions of interest from artists/illustrators/designers (based in the North of England) to produce a series of illustrations to reflect our values and artistic programme with guidelines for their use.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: Monday 1 March, 5pm
First Stage Design Fee: £750 for 3 shortlisted expressions of interest to develop design proposals
Second Stage Commissioning Fee: £3,000 to 1 applicant selected for the final commission
INTRODUCTION TO D6: CULTURE IN TRANSIT
D6: Culture in Transit is an international visual arts producer based in Newcastle.
We bring together excellent artists to create art that reflects a place and its people.
We seek to sustainably develop communities by connecting threads between shared experiences in our city and region and those internationally.
We support artists to develop their work, through research, residencies and commissioning, and work with other organisations internationally to share knowledge and experiences, and are interested in societal and environmental issues that both unite and divide us.
We are a small, not for profit organisation and develop programme in partnership with artists, civil society and public sector partners. We are well networked and over the past four years we have continued to advocate for close ties with Europe and beyond.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR:
We are asking for expressions of interest for an artist/ illustrator/ designer to produce a series of illustrations to internationally reflect our values and artistic programme, which centres on complex conversations around migration, diversity and cultural heritage. The final commission should reflect our 3 areas of work:
(i) Fairness and Equity
(ii) Heritage and Migration
(iii) Sustainability and being kinder to our people and our planet
The final commission will include:
- 30 illustrations/ graphic elements and GIFs that reflect D6’s programme strands and values
- A colour palette
- Backgrounds or textures (if used)
- A Cover/Launch Graphic for each of our key projects (up to 6), for website use
- Poster templates
- Social Media Header Templates and cover images
- Postcard Template
- A Book of Standards to explain how the elements above should be used
All completed design materials must be provided in PSD and PNG formats. If you would like to apply but do not have access to design software to produce the design elements above, please speak to us about how this commission can be adapted with technical support.
To better understand our expectations for the scale and scope of this commission, please refer to two graphic toolkits created for our current and previous projects:
HOW TO APPLY: FEES, KEY DATES AND COMMISSIONING PROCESS
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
To apply, please complete an expression of interest form (available to download here) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This should be a single PDF or Word Document no larger than 15MB and must include:
- Contact details
- An expression of interest outlining why you are interested in this brief and how you will approach the commission (250 words maximum/ 3 minute audio recording)
- Up to 5 examples of relevant previous projects to demonstrate the quality of your practice, relevance to the brief and ability to produce the deliverables to a high standard. For each project, please submit up to 2 images (or a URL) and a maximum 100 word description or 1 minute audio recording.
Deadline: Monday 1 March
All applicants will hear back by: Monday 8 March
Click here for more information.