BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art is delighted to announce BALTIC Self-Publishing Artists' Market 2020.
Our annual celebration of self-publishing culture brings together a diverse community of artists, activists, illustrators, zine makers, small press publishers and distributors, universities and colleges. The market will explore the relevance and value of print culture as well as giving artists the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work.
The market will take place on Saturday 9 May 2020, 10.00-18.00 at BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art.
Applications open on 10 January 2020 and close at 23.59 on Sunday 16 February 2020.
Applications can only be made via Submittable.
Successful applicants will be notified by 8 March 2020.
To apply please complete the application form which includes a description of your self-publishing practice (max 250 words) and a proposal of items you will be selling/exhibiting (max 150 words). You can also submit a CV in PDF format and up to 5 jpegs.
Stalls are priced as follows (table dimensions are 182 x 76 x 73cm):
- Individual artist, imprint, collective: £30 for a full table / £15 for half table
- Universities and colleges (full table): £50
Invoices will be emailed out on 1 April 2020 or shortly after
Payment must be made within 14 days of receipt of invoice to secure table or it will be reallocated
This opportunity is open to all.
Due to the high number of applications we regret that we will be unable to contact artists who are not selected for the fair. We appreciate enormously the time and effort we know goes into every application and thank you for your interest in BALTIC.
- Food and drink is available to buy in BALTIC Kitchen
- Free tea and instant coffee (for stall holders) will be available in a kitchen adjacent to the Self-Publishing Artists Market
- Set up for the event begins at 8.00 on 9 May 2020, stall holders must report to the rear security entrance of BALTIC
- There is no facility for storage of goods and we cannot accept drop-offs prior to the event set up
- Take down is possible until 19.00 on 9 May 2020
- For directions and parking information see: https://baltic.art/visit/getting-to-baltic
- Accessibility info is here: https://baltic.art/visit/accessibility
- Tablecloths are not provided
- Some stalls will have wall space behind them, this needs to be requested in advance, please note your request in your application.
- Access to power is limited, this needs to be requested in advance, please note your request in your application.
- There will be free WiFi access for stallholders
If you need to cancel your stall, you should email email@example.com as soon as possible. If you notify us of a cancellation by 19 April 2020 you will receive a full refund. Cancellations between 20 April – 3 May 2020 will be charged 50% of the fee. If your cancellation after this date you will be charged the full fee.