Waterside and Creative Industries Trafford (CIT) are thrilled to launch a new support package for theatre-makers and artists with the support of Arts Council England as part of their upcoming Refract Festival:
THE MAKING WAVES BURSARY
Making Waves is a project founded by Waterside Arts and CIT, which aims to provide a helping hand to makers, artists and companies in overcoming the challenges and barriers faced when touring new work or considering the future life of their projects. This could be a financial contribution, support in getting your work seen by programmers or just a sounding board.
This package aims to support work which has already been made or in the process of being so, potentially with touring plans or Edinburgh Fringe dates with a view to subsequently tour.
We will be awarding a number of Making Waves bursaries – we expect to award two of these through the open call process.
The successful recipients will receive:
- £600 support package towards the future life of the show
- Programmed performance as part of Refract:19 (double-billed with another show) with a £500 guarantee vs 70/30 split in our Chambers studio space.
- Inclusion in Refract:19 and Making Waves PR and marketing campign.
- Support from the Theatre Commissions Coordinator – we recognise each project is different and the support provided will be tailored to your needs.
- Rehearsal space subject to availability and requirements
Whilst our remit is to support work within the North, for this opportunity we are keen to hear from any artists who have ambition to present in work in the North and look forward to developing relationships with these artists in the future.
Please visit watersidearts.org/waves for more information, what we're looking for and how to apply