CALL FOR ENTRIES
- Entry Deadline: June 20, 2021
- Selections Announced- June 25, 2021
- Exhibition Dates -July 1, - August 14, 2021
- $30 ENTRY FEE- includes a free 15-minute portfolio or application review (please see Fees and Information section bellow for more details)
- Submit up to 5 Images for $30.
- Submit up to 2 videos for $30.
- Mediums Accepted: Original works produced in the past 6 years (video/ time based, 2D, 3D)
IncuArts invites artists to submit work for Past/ Present/ Future- an exhibition exploring how time, experience, and history impact us. Who writes history? Are we simply repeating ourselves? How does the past impact the present and future? Whose narrative is being told? What future are you fighting for? What is your story? Has your story been ignored by the collective mainstream?
Artists exploring ideas related to personal narrative, history, cultural issues, environmental issues, inclusion v exclusion, and social activism are encouraged to apply.
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQA+, and other community members who embody these experiences, and whose stories have been excluded from our cultural narrative are strongly encouraged to apply.
Artists of all media are encouraged to apply.
Each artwork will be considered based upon the merit of individual images submitted by each artist. Strict theme based entries are not necessary- the theme is a jumping off point, and meant to start a visual discussion.
A brief artist statement reflecting your ideas and how your identity is related to the exhibition theme is suggested.
Selected artists will have their work featured in the online exhibition and via social media platforms.
*Artists are permitted to submit more than one entry*
- Select the number of Entries (1 entry= 5 images, 2 entries= 10 images) and click "add to cart". Check out using the PayPal form.
- Email your entry to email@example.com
- Include your name and “Past/ Present/ Future” in the subject line of the email: “Jane_Smith_Past/ Present/ Future_Entry”
- If you submit more than 1 entry, email each entry separately and label accordingly: “Jane_Smith_ Past/ Present/ Future _Entry_1” and “Jane_Smith_ Past/ Present/ Future _Entry_2”
IMAGE GUIDELINES FOR STILL IMAGES
- All images should be a separate jpeg file format: 72 dpi, no larger than 1500 pixels on the largest side. No smaller than 750 pixels on the largest side. No more than 2MB per image file.
- Name each file with your name and the corresponding number from the entry information below, for example: smith_jane_1.jpg., smith_jane_2.jpg, smith_jane_3.jpg
- List the information requested below in the body of your email and as a PDF document.
- Attach your images and info, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide the following information for in your email:
- CITY, STATE, COUNTRY
- PHONE (OPTIONAL)
- WEBSITE, EMAIL, OR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE *We will use one of these options to link to your work and name so that buyers can contact you directly for art sales.*
- ARTIST STATEMENT (Suggested)
- HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS CALL FOR ENTRY
- For each image:
- TITLE #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 etc...
- ORIGINAL MEDIUM (C-Print, oil paint, ceramic, digital, etc...)
- For example: #1- Painting of a Unicorn, Oil Paint, 36” x 48”, 2020
Click here for more information.