The BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) 2020 has been announced looking for filmmakers who are driving film forward through inspirational and innovative works.
Submissions are now open for the 2020 edition of the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival! This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work to an international audience of filmmakers, industry delegates and film fans.
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival(ASFF), founded in 2011, is an international film festival taking place at the beginning of November in the UK. It is a celebration of independent film from around the world, and an outlet for supporting and championing filmmaking.
ASFF is a hotbed for talent discovery and a key annual event for emerging and established filmmakers to meet alongside industry professionals. British and international films are in competition in their category for an award, alongside the Best of Festival Award, Audience Award and Best Screenplay.
Submissions are open to the following categories:
• Advertising Film (Under 30 Minutes)
• Animation (Under 30 Minutes)
• Artists’ Film (Under 30 Minutes)
• Comedy (Under 30 Minutes)
• Dance (Under 30 Minutes)
• Documentary (Under 30 Minutes)
• Drama (Under 30 Minutes)
• Experimental (Under 30 Minutes)
• Fashion Film (Under 30 Minutes)
• Music Video (Under 30 Minutes)
• Thriller (Under 30 Minutes)
• VR & Immersive Experiences (Under 30 Minutes – Must be suitable for Oculus Rift or HTC systems)
• 360 Video (Under 30 Minutes – Must be Suitable for Oculus Go Headsets)
• Narrative Feature Film (60 – 120 Minutes)
• Documentary Feature Film (60 – 120 Minutes)
Organiser are looking for filmmakers who are driving film forward through inspirational and innovative works. Whether you are an established or emerging practitioner you are wellcome to participate.
• Short films should have a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
• Feature films are considered to have a runtime of 60 minutes or over.
• There is no premiere requirement for ASFF. Films that have screened at other festivals are accepted.
• There is no required completion date for screening at ASFF, but films completed in the past 3 years are preferred.
• All films must be English language, dubbed into English or subtitled in English.
The Official Selection of films will be showcased at 18 venues across York, UK from 4-8 November 2020.
• Short Films: £25
• Feature Films: £45
• 360 Film, VR & Immersive Projects: £30
Prizes will be awarded for Best Film in each category, Best of Fest, People’s Choice, the York Youth Award, Hijack Visionary Filmmaker Award and the BFI Network & Film Hub North Polaris Award.
more info: https://www.asff.co.uk/