Artists are invited to submit work for exhibition alongside members of The Pastel Society at their 122nd Annual Exhibition 2021.
The Pastel Society seeks the best in contemporary dry media, combining traditional skills with creative originality for their annual exhibition.
Acceptable media: Pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, conte, sanguine, or any dry media.
The exhibition offers several prizes and awards, open to all participating artists (see 'Prizes & Awards' below). It presents the opportunity to exhibit at a prestigious gallery in the heart of London alongside well-established artists and have your work seen by thousands of visitors, including buyers and collectors.
* * * NEW FOR 2021 - DIGITAL ONLY SELECTION * * *
To make the process of submitting and selecting work simpler and safer, the Society will select works for exhibition from online only this year.
Selectors will make an assessment of each work based on the digital images supplied, following which selected artists will be asked to deliver their accepted work to Mall Galleries for exhibition.
How to Submit
ALL work must be submitted online. Selection from online entries will take place, after which selected artworks should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for exhibition:
- Upload images of work at mallgalleries.oess1.uk between Monday 5 October and Friday 4 December 2020, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- Check mallgalleries.oess1.uk on Friday 18 December, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been selected for exhibition
- If selected, deliver your work on Saturday 16 January or Sunday 17 January, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
Submissions open: Monday 5 October 2020, 12 noon
Submissions close: Friday 4 December, 12 noon
Selection notification: Friday 18 December, 12 noon
Receiving Days (if selected only): Saturday 16 January and Sunday 17 January 2021, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Wednesday 27 January, 11am to 5pm (7pm on Thursdays)
Exhibition closes: Saturday 13 February, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 18 February and Friday 19 February, 10am to 5pm
Conditions of Entry
Delivery & Collection
Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the Society and is rotated annually.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
Click here for more information.