Body Politic Dance Company
Marketing Manager (Part time/ Freelance)
Contract Period (1st August 2019-31st October 2019)
Fees: £120-150 per day (depending on experience) approx. 1 day per week
Total fee: £2250 (based on £150 per day)
Days per week may fluctuate during period of employment to align with Autumn Tour events. Full outline will be given upon notification of interview.
Body Politic is recruiting a Marketing Manager to create and co-ordinate marketing activity and digital content & promotion for our Autumn Tour of Father Figurine.
- The role will involve developing and implementing a marketing and PR campaign for the Autumn tour of Father Figurine.
- Devising a responsive social media campaign that combines the marketing of upcoming tour dates, with relevant Body Politic material, alongside curating featured content which could include topical blogs, interviews, press features.
- Monitoring audience engagement across Body Politic socials, collating and tracking effective posting, to further implement strategy within the marketing plan.
- Monitoring ticket sales and adapting the marketing strategy to better meet targets.
- Act as point of call for visiting theatres marketing departments to establish a strong cross posting relationship
- Sending press-releases to newspapers (national and regional), print and online magazines, radio and TV stations, independent reviewers and critics for coverage and review requests, securing a minimum of 2 pieces per venue.
- Liaising with relevant companies, organisations and charities to inform them of upcoming performances but also engage for asset swaps in order to reach new audiences. e.g. mental health charities, organisations and forums; mental health practitioners; dance organisations and practitioners; young people focused organisations; youth groups; Hip Hop theatre companies, etc.
- Contacting mental health practitioners to chair post-show Q&A panel at each venue in agreement with Artistic Director.
- Regularly liaising with, and reporting to Body Politic’s Artistic Director and producer on sales and on-going marketing strategy.
- Collate and file all audience feedback from Father Figurine tour dates, including any necessary reviews and where possible quotes from venue’s Artistic Director, Executive Director or Head of Theatre.
- Upon completion of contract, design a marketing highlights pack to include all the demographic engagement of social media posts, cross posting, asset swaps, press pieces etc.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a media environment with a focus on developing brand, campaign and delivering content.
- Ability to write strong and compelling promotional copy.
- Skilled use of editing software (Photoshop, iMovie etc.) where necessary and have access to this on their computer/laptop.
Please email Artistic Director Emma-Jane Morbey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover email detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post (please note, applications not submitted with a covering email will be rejected)
- A copy of your current CV
Application deadline: 31st May 2019
All applicants will be notified by 7thJune 2019