Thank you for your interest in CPP Hounslow’s touring exhibition programme, in partnership with Hounslow Library Service. We are currently inviting submissions from curators, artists, collectives or groups of artists to propose an exhibition of contemporary art on the theme of ‘Atmospheric Colour’.
We are looking for projects that are primarily about colour, whether pre-existing work, or work in progress. The project should offer an accessible way of looking at colour for audiences of varying levels of knowledge about art and colour, and different cultural experiences of what colour means.
This brief has been devised in consultation with the CPP Hounslow Visual Arts Programme Exhibitions Group, which includes library staff and members of the Hounslow Community. The Group is supported by a Visual Arts Producer. The ‘Atmospheric Colour’ exhibition will tour Hounslow’s Libraries for up to two years. Exhibitor/s will be prepared to work with the Library Service, Exhibitions Group, and CPP Hounslow staff in developing and delivering the exhibition.
Exhibitions could respond to the following ideas:
- Proposals for exhibitions that respond to the theme of ‘Atmospheric Colour’. This could include works that use colour to convey mood, emotions, or a sense of wellbeing.
- The exhibition could explore the colours that have significance for people living in Hounslow (either culturally, socially or within the environment).
- The exhibition could function as a place of sanctuary or peace.
- We would like local people to feel engaged and inspired when experiencing the work.
- While the work in the exhibition doesn’t have to be specifically about Hounslow, we would like the interpretation of the work to be tailored to our local people and locality.
- The exhibition should show existing work, and any work that the artist may wish to produce can be proposed, but should be at a well-developed stage.
Proposed projects should:
- Be of the highest artistic quality, innovative and well-thought through.
- Adhere to the exhibition specification as closely as possible.
- Be developed with the Hounslow Exhibitions Group, and ensure that the Group is meaningfully included in the artistic and curatorial process. This could be through the selection of work, designing the exhibition, interpretation, and engagement activities. We are not looking for projects that use community participation in their creation.
Who we are looking for:
- Individuals (or collectives) practicing as curators or visual artists, with experience of delivering high quality projects in public spaces.
- The selected exhibitors will be prepared to work with the Hounslow Exhibitions Group throughout the process.
- The selected exhibitors will ensure that their process is open and generously communicated to the Group and CPP Hounslow throughout the project.
- We would like to ensure there is a continuous dialogue between the exhibitor/s, Hounslow Exhibitions Group and CPP Hounslow at all stages, with local people given space to express their opinions and ideas.
- The selected artist will hold Public Liability Insurance to the minimum value of £5M
- Application deadline: 12pm, Monday 2 November 2020
- Shortlisting: 7 November 2020
- Interviews: 10 December 2020 on Zoom
- Preferred exhibition selected: by 21 December 2020
- Meeting with Exhibitions Group: 7 January 2021, 11am – 12.30pm on Zoom
- Project to be developed and delivered: between January 2020 and April 2021
- Exhibition tours libraries: between May 2021 and November 2022
- The fee available for planning and delivery of the exhibition is £1,000 (including exhibitor fees if the exhibition includes more than one artist)
- An additional budget for making the exhibition suitable for touring and for interpretation materials is available.
Click here for more information.