Generously sponsored by The Holly Bush Hampstead, Dame Emma Thompson and Cass Art Hampstead. Supported by Lisa Gray of Flux and The Hampstead Village BID, The Holly Bush Emerging Woman Painter Exhibition and Award 2019 is part of a wider project to assist and celebrate women artists and focuses on the careers of emerging female painters.
This prize is aimed at supporting, encouraging and mentoring emerging women painters. Each year 21 artists are chosen from a competition to exhibit at Burgh House, Hampstead, London. From these 21 talented women the first prize is awarded to a painter who has demonstrated exceptional potential to become an established professional artist. There are two runner-up prizes. The winning artist receives £1500 and the chance to exhibit at the prestigious Flux Exhibition. The 2nd prize is £500 and the third £250 in Cass Art Vouchers. The Award will be conferred on the 28th August during the Private Viewing.
This exhibition offers a genuine opportunity for emerging women artists to further their career and for art collectors to invest in the future of the art-world’s emerging talent.
The 1st Prize: The Holly Bush Emerging Woman Painter Prize 2019 will receive the following: -
- A cheque for £1500*
- The winning painting will be exhibited alongside the other 20 finalists in the Peggy Jay Gallery at Burgh House, Hampstead, London from 28th August until 1st September
- A slot at Flux Exhibition in 2020
- Other prizes are in development.
The 2nd Prize: A cheque for £500
The 3rd prize: £250 Cass Art Vouchers
There will be 21 Finalists in total who will take part in the Finalist Exhibition in the Peggy Jay Gallery at
Burgh House, Hampstead, London from 28th August until 1st September
*The winner will be expected to demonstrate how they have used the prize money to further their artistic practice and their professional development. This may be in the form of producing a new body of work, exploring a new collaboration, expanding professional skills or a combination of these. Ecclestone Art will provide professional support and advice where needed.
Selection for the exhibition will be made solely on the artwork submitted, but to be eligible for The Holly Bush Emerging Woman Painter Prize 2019, the entrant must provide an artist’s statement that demonstrates how this award would impact on their opportunity to expand their practice, how they aim to develop and further their career. This statement should be no more than 300 words.
Conditions for entry.
- Any female artist over 18 may submit providing they are living and working in the UK
- Acceptable media: Paintings in watercolour, oil, pastel or acrylic.
- Work must have been completed in the last two years and must not have been previously exhibited in London.
- Maximum of three works submitted. Only one work will be chosen.
- Works should not be larger than 60 cm wide or 130 cm high (including the frame).
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- All work must be for sale: maximum price £700.
How to enter: -
Go to and follow details http://www.ecclestoneartagency.com/holly-bush-emerging-woman-painter-prize.html