8th Edition ArtGeminiPrize 2021
PAINTING • PHOTOGRAPHY • SCULPTURE
Open to all mediums and genres of 2D and 3D including painting, oil, mixed media, drawing, ink, watercolour, calligraphy, original print, photography, digital art, sculpture, and ceramic, excluding installation and video.
How to enter
- Please read the terms and conditions below carefully before completing the entry, as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the ArtGemini Prize.
- Sign up with ArtGemini Prize’s newsletter for news and updates.
- Decide on the number of works (maximum 8 entries) you wish to enter. You can submit your image now or at a later date if you are making new work. The contest is open to all artists worldwide with no age limit.
- Open to all mediums and genres of 2D and 3D including painting, oil, mixed media, drawing, ink, watercolour, calligraphy, original print, photography, digital art, sculpture and ceramic excluding installation and video.
- Register with Zealous online to join the competition if you have not done so yet.
- Images of works must be in jpeg format. The recommended ideal size is 2MB, with a minimum size of 250KB, maximum of 4MB. For best viewing, we recommend a maximum resolution of 300 dpi and pixel dimension of 1600 pixels or more wide. Remember to provide a high-quality image, as it may be used on the website and in promotional material.
- You must include the title of your work, the year it was created, medium, and size. Maximum size-inclusive frame 125 x 125cm except Sculpture maximum size 50 x 50 x 50 cm). Limited edition print must declare the number of editions.
- Only one image of each work must be submitted.
- Any work submitted must be available for sale in the exhibition if shortlisted.
- You must state an estimated sale price of the work, including VAT if you are registered, ie the price a gallery would normally charge. The price should include ArtGeminiPrize 30% commission. Sensible pricing is recommended.
- An artist statement (max 100 words) is recommended and followed by a curriculum vitae (CV) if shortlisted.
- You will need a credit/debit card ready to pay via Stripe. Use your full name for reference on your payment. You do not need a Stripe account for the payment. Also, a friend can pay on your behalf.
- Please do not send your physical artwork to us unless you are notified that you are shortlisted.
Deadline 25 April 2021
- First entry - £18
- Up to 3 entries - £36
- Up to 6 entries - £60
- Up to 8 entries - £70
- Maximum 8 entries and entry fees are non-refundable
- One FREE entry for aged 17 years and under.
- 06 - 13 May: Selection online (stage one) by judging panel
- 23 Jun: Shortlist Announcement
- 02 Sep: Winners selection (stage two)
- 02 - 30 Sep: Physical finalists exhibition at the Exhibitionist Hotel, London
- 02 - 30 Sep: Virtual Online Exhibition
NB.all dates and venue subject to change and Covid-19 regulations.
Any technical enquiries, please get in touch with the Zealous team via the online chat or email@example.com