We are looking for a base or middle/second acrobalance performer to join us for our next outdoor productionThree(working title), creation early 2019 and summer tour.
Mimbre are creating a brand new outdoor, acrobatic theatre show collaborating with three new choreographers to mix our trademark acrobalance movement and techniques with new styles. With a simple format and minimal set-up, Three is a choreographic indulgence that celebrates and explores the expressions and impressions that appear when three strong women move, lift and balance each other.
Over three residencies we will work with choreographers to explore and develop the conceptions of acrobatic movement and experiment with new techniques and ideas. Our aim is to infuse our acrobatic language with fresh and surprising approaches to our physical connections. Allowing stories, characters and material to appear from the process rather than from preconceived ideas, interweaving this material in the same way that the acrobats’ bodies connect and become one.
- Experience as acrobalance base or middle (or background in sport acrobatics)
- Identifying as female
- A wish to explore acrobalance in an experimental and creative context
- Strong movement ability – could be in any style
- Comfortable in taking direction as well as contributing creative ideas and material
- At least two years of professional experience as a performer
For full details, please visit our website.
Mimbre is a female-led company creating nuanced, breathtaking and highly-skilled acrobatic theatre. We use circus and dance innovatively as a physical language to illuminate human connections and promote a positive image of women.