Applications are invited for selection for this biennial prize and exhibition held in Liverpool in memory of the potter Julia Carter Preston.
- The competition is open to UK based artist designer makers in their first 5 years of graduating or completing their training.
- Work can be in any craft medium including the use of new technologies in the production.
- Work must have been produced in the last 2 years and must be of the work to be exhibited if selected
- All work exhibited will be for sale in the exhibition*
- There is no minimum size permitted, but artists wishing to submit larger scale, heavy or work with specialist conservation or equipment requirements for consideration should check with the gallery first
- Attach a statement of no more than 200 words, and an up-to-date c.v.
*6 shortlisted makers will be offered an exhibition at Bluecoat Display Centre from 4th August – 22nd September 2018, with 1 winning a prize of £1,000 awarded by the selection panel at the private view on the 3rd July 2018.
The application deadline is 18th November 2017 and artists will be informed of the juries decision by December 4th 2017
Selection will be by an independent judging panel
Application forms must be submitted with a £10 fee payable to the Bluecoat Display Centre either by pay pal account or by cheque in artists name.
Submit your entry
To submit your entry please click here
Terms And Conditions of Entry
If selected for the exhibition, the artist agrees to the reproduction of their work or a detail of the work (at no fee) in association with the exhibition, including press, marketing and publicity
Shortlisted work in the exhibition will be issued with a contract that gives details of responsibilities, conditions and gallery commission.